30.4.18

31 Day Social Media Challenge Day 1 - Motivate Monday

Because I've really struggled with blogging over the last few months thanks to the sheer loads of university work as well as suddenly having three horses to look after, I decided that what better way to kick things up a notch and try to get back to normal than by doing a 31 day social media challenge! I decided to join in on The Equine Business Assistant‎'s month long social media challenge to really test myself this month. In June I'll be in Germany with the horses so who knows how much I'll be able to blog there so I feel like I need to have one month where I am blogging/on social media as much as possible 😇 Some of the posts will be done on the blog's Facebook page when there isn't enough for an actual blog post, so be sure to be following that and some of the daily posts might also be on my Instagram account!
"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage" (Thucydides). What is the most courageous thing you have ever done?

For me, the most courageous thing I have done is to go to do my bachelor's degree at the University of Nottingham in 2013 whilst also dragging Vallu with me, and not knowing anybody there. I spoke the language and having lived in the UK before I already knew I'd easily fit in culturally and wouldn't struggle to make friends, but for the first time in my life I was ALONE. With a horse, with no support network. If anything went wrong, I had to fix it myself. And I was absolutely terrified for the first month. For 6 months right until February, every time I came home for the weekend I cried hysterically as I didnt want to go back. I even typed out the letter to my personal tutor telling her I wanted to drop out. But for some reason by the end of February I was feeling slightly better and I didn't want to give up. I'm not a quitter by nature, so I wanted to carry on and get my degree. I then came home with the summer with Vallu whilst mum had her surgery on her shoulder, so I felt more secure again and was actually pretty happy to go back to university in September 2014.

I became so much more self-confident having to deal with sh*t by myself and really had to grow up. Sure I called my mum plenty of times crying on the phone whenever I'd had a terrible ride on Vallu and yes I did phone my dad whenever there was something wrong with my car or for some reason my Finnish bank account wasn't working, but 90% of the time I could deal with everything. And those 3 years and all the experiences I had there has given me SO MUCH courage in life because I know from experience that I can cope with whatever comes my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment