16.11.13

Sunshine Award

Martine from Tails From Provence has given me the Sunshine Award! Thank you so much, it's really made my day!

Here's what the Sunshine Award means, 
“bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” 

Of course all awards have rules for awarding people. The rules are below...
1. First, the nominee must thank the blogger that nominated her and link to her blog.

2. Then, she must answer a list of ten questions and post to her blog.
3. Finally, she must nominate ten bloggers for the award and let them know.


1. Do you prefer Mares or Geldings?

As much as I love Nelli, I have to say that I prefer geldings. I'm too much of a mare myself to gel with mares. I get along with mares and I love them, but I adore my boys.

2. English or Western?

English, I don't think that I'd very good at Western!! :D


3. Do you prefer “younger” or “older” horses?

Hmm… Younger because I love the challenge of bringing on young horses. Having Basse from when he was two years old, to still having him at home now has honestly been one of the greatest experiences of my life.

4. Have you ever trained a horse from ground zero?
Not entirely from ground zero, yet! This is one of my ambitions in life, I think it would be great experience to go through. I have worked with Basse from when he was 5 years old, but that most of the hard work was already done for me (I was 13 at the time so it wouldn't have ended well if I had started training him by myself when I was 11!!)


5. Do you prefer riding or ground work?
I prefer riding, but that is only because I have no experience in ground work. Ground work for me means playing around with horses when they are loose in the school, and just having fun. I really do see the benefits of ground work, but I would want to go a some kind of training before I tried practicing it myself.



6. Do you board your horse or keep it at home?
At the moment Vallu is boarded/on livery, but the rest of the horses back in Finland are all at home. Although I prefer having the horses at home, the people looking after Vallu at the livery yard are simply amazing. (Charlotte, Hollie and Daisy you are the best! ♥)



7. Do you do all natural things or commercial stuff?

Commercial stuff for now I suppose... I think when I can have horses back at home and keep them in the most natural way, then I'll move back towards the more natural way of things.

8. All tacked up or bareback?
All tacked up when training, but when having fun and messing about bareback is the best thing on earth! The amount of trust that is between you and your horse when you're bareback is something so great. I'm aiming for that with Vallu, maybe in a couple of years (plus he is so huge, how will I ever be able to get on him without using the stirrups?!?)

9. Equestrian model?

I know previously I've always said that my brother Henri is my equestrian idol/model, and I'm not going to do a 180 and no I haven't changed my mind, but I do want to include another person who is also my equestrian model, and that is my mum.
My mum such an inspirational woman, but she is also a model for everyone who is a "dressage mum". Mum knows exactly when to push me in order to make me progress, when to support and when to teach me about my mistakes. She has also done this previously for my brother. But the biggest thing she has taught me is the love for horses. If everyone loved their horses even a tenth of the amount that she does, all the horses in the world would be more than happy.

10. What’s your, one, main goal while being in the horse world?
I know some people want to ride a GP or go to the Olympics or compete at Badminton, I really just want to have our own livery yard where we could our horses at home, we could have some horses for training/selling and then I could do some teaching as well. That would be my dream come true!

Since this award has been going around since the beginning of this year, I think nearly every blog that I've read has been awarded with this, so I am now nominating everyone who hasn't already gotten this award. Have fun blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment