17.10.17

"Oh sh*t..."

If you are following me on Instagram you'll know that ever since coming back from my mini holiday in the UK Vallu has had a lump on his left front leg - the lump is in such a place that I knew there was a high chance of a potential ligament or tendon injury. When I looked at it alarm bells were going off and my only thought was "that is a game over injury". It has caused me several genuinely sleepless nights and a few panic attacks, but finally on Monday morning our vet had the time to come and scan the leg.
It's never a good sign when the vet walks into your horse's stable, sees the injury and goes "oh sh*tttt..." The lump on his leg is in such a bad place that I was honestly expecting to be told that it was either career ending or worse, so when the vet informed me that in fact there is only a tiny injury to his check ligament and nearly all of the swelling is between the check ligament and skin I was over the moon!! πŸŒ™ I did the whole voice breaking/crying/laughing thing as I asked her several times if she was 100% sure it wasn't that bad. From the scans you can deduce that it definitely seems like it's more of an impact injury rather than wear and tear or an injury from being over-worked, so it's more than likely that on the Saturday when I was away and Vallu was a twat in his paddock he's managed to bang his leg... #bubblewrapneeded
So now my two weeks of hell and being in a state of total panic, worry and stress is finally over πŸŽ‰The check ligament actually looked so good in the scans that the vet has advised 2 more weeks of turn out and walking to be followed by a month of slowly reintroducing trot and canter work. She is hopeful that in two months time we should be back in full work, compared to the 9+ months that I was expecting. Obviously I am going to get the leg re-scanned in 2 months time before going training but I do feel a million times more optimistic than I did in the morning before the vet visit! 


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know right?! One of my friends messaged me asking why I sounded so happy in this blog post because he still has a slight ligament injury and I was like errr because he'll (hopefully!) be back to work in 2 months rather than 8 or 9?! Massive relief

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear that it's not as bad as it could have been! Fingers crossed for a quick recovery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! πŸ’• I did cry a little when I got back home, just from relief!

      Delete