17.4.17

Outdoor season!

Finally! Last week I've been able to exercise both boys in our outdoor arena! I've been really feeling quite claustrophobic in the indoor as we've been using it for over 7 months now, so I was really pleased to be able to ride outside, even if it was a bit speedy at times 🏇💨
I kept things really simple with both boys, just doing lots of circles and transitions in an attempt to keep them a bit focussed on me so that neither would have the time to spook at something. Basse earned lots of gold stars for being hoof perfect and not being bothered by anything ⭐️ Vallu on the other hand was near a total breakdown for 99% of the first ride outside... 🙈 Even though he'd been lunged 3 days in a row on the outdoor arena so that he would be used to it, on the day that I rode him for some reason the road was really busy and there was lots going on which meant that I was pleased to trot around the arena both ways and to not have fallen off! Here's hoping this week it will be a bit calmer when I ride him so that I could possibly even canter without being ejected off into orbit.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! As someone also being nearly ejected into orbit recently, I feel your pain! Cheers to outside rides WITHOUT unnecessary dramatics. May they come someday!

    Also, whoa that pink! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had ONE ride where I've not thought "I wonder if I'll fall off today..?". Please summer hurry up so my horse chills the f down!

      Delete