25.8.13

30 Day Equestrian Challenge, Day #10

30 Day Equestrian Challenge

Day 10 - How your family/friends feel about your riding

I have the best family and friends in the world, who are incredibly supportive and encouraging about my riding. My parents are of course used to horses, thanks to my brother riding since he was in his teens, so they aren't fussed about spending all our time and money on horses, riding and competitions! 
Mum and dad with Henri at the European Championships
Dad with Rama and mum with Vallu last winter!

My friends have been unbelievably understanding about my horsey life, not being pissed off about me missing parties, dinners etc when I have to ride, go training or one of the horses is ill. It's horrible to have to say no to so many events, and to have to sometime cancel at the very last minute because of a horse emergency. It must be pretty difficult for a non-horsey person to have a horsey person as a friend, so I consider myself to be very lucky to have so many good friends who understand (or at least try to!) my lifestyle. It will be interesting to see what my future flatmates will think about my riding, but hopefully they'll be just as understanding and supportive as all my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment