20.8.13

30 Day Equestrian Challenge, Day #5

30 Day Equestrian Challenge

Day 5 - Your first fall

I can't remember my first fall, but it was probably when I was tiny and had just started riding! I started riding on little shetland ponies, and knowing their character one of them was the first one to buck me off. Since this is such a short answer, I decided to answer a similar one of your most recent fall.
My most recent fall is 2 years ago when I was hacking out with Nelli in the woods, and decided to canter. Since the track around the woods is very uphill/downhill and twisty, the horses can't really go super fast like they would on an even flat open field, which suits me just fine!

I was cantering up a hill, and decided to lift my bum out of the saddle to help Nelli since we were going up a pretty steep hill. Apparently it helped her too much, because she then decided to do her classic quick fire succession of bronco bucks, which resulted in me landing in the bushes... Not my finest hour. Luckily Nelli is a sweet mare and decided to stop as soon as I was on the ground. I can still remember the look on her face, watching me and wondering what I was doing on the ground? And I did get back on as soon as I could, using an old tree stump as a stool!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment