17.3.17

Hey there wild Vallu!

A few weeks ago in one of the blog posts I mentioned that I was worried that both of the boys were feeling a bit blergh, but not anymore! I think spring is in the air and Vallu is certainly acting like it!πŸŒ±πŸŒΏπŸ’πŸŒ·πŸŒ»πŸŒΌπŸŒΈ I had my fire breathing dragon back which I am really pleased about even though there was no warning as his behaviour during turn out and in his stable hadn't changed at all. After falling off last summer I've finally managed to get back my self confidence so that even if he is wild and piaffes everywhere and threatens to rear, it doesn't paralyse me with fear anymore. Sure I get tense and I would prefer if he kept all four feet on the ground more, but it doesn't make me feel sick to my stomach anymore, thank god!
Practising our very very collected trot (one day maybe it might passage?)

It was so much fun to be practising the more advanced work once again. I rarely push Vallu this far because I am hypersensitive of working his legs too much on a surface that isn't the best (this is not our indoor!) but sometimes when he feels good (read that as hot!πŸ”₯πŸ’₯) enough, then I like working on the collected stuff. My favourite exercise when he's like this is to do walk to trot to "passage"/collected trot and then piaffe, to halt and then walk. This is one of the first exercises I was taught when I started riding Vallu as a way to deal with him when he's super hot. It's just the same as doing trot-walk-halt-walk exercises I do with Basse when he's not in the mood to work and it works just as well in getting him focused.

(Thank you dad for coming to take photos!)

6 comments:

  1. Great that things are going well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm super pleased after last year being so terrible!! :D

      Delete
  2. I'm really happy to hear Vallu feels so good, and that you've gained so much confidence! That's awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I'm really pleased about both of us!

      Delete