7.1.19

Rydale Wansford II hooded gilet review


Having purchased several knitted jumpers from Rydale for myself this autumn and then several others as Christmas presents for family members this year, I was over the moon to receive an email from the guys at Rydale about teaming up to feature their products in the form of a product review on my blog. It's amazing to think that companies are wanting me to highlight their beautiful products ⭐️
But back to the product itself! The Wansford II hooded gilet is warm and padded with panel stitching, it is suitable for all seasons. It's stylish, offering a flattering shape and with it's generous padding you are guaranteed to stay warm - I have worn it most days since receiving it and my goodness do I love it ❣️BTW, the hood is detachable so if you're like me and hate the hood bouncing whilst you ride, you're able to take it off. Surprisingly when riding in this gilet I've honestly not noticed the hood because of the padding in the hood keeping it pretty much totally still! Unlike other brands who save pennies by not putting any padding in the hood itself, it feels like Rydale have put in the same amount of padding in the hood as in the rest of the gilet 👏🏻 And when lunging in the rain, the hood has been cut so well so that it is big enough to keep you dry!
Each gilet has been carefully designed with contrasting trims with really lovely metallic detailing and embroidery. It honestly looks and feels like a product from those very high end and expensive equestrian companies where half of the price tag comes just from branding. But Rydale has kept it's pricing very reasonable, so that this gilet is just £50, and they have others in the sale for just £20 (my mum has just bought one and more jumpers for us!)

And now that Christmas is over and the new year has arrive, the proper wintery cold is also imminent... ❄️ There has been a real chill in the air today, but I've been toasty warm riding the horses this afternoon thanks to gilet! These gilets will keep you super warm in the coldest of weathers and it's available in several different colours: your classic navy, a steel grey iron colour, a beautiful berry and a lovely bright pacific blue. I loved them all, but as I already own a navy gilet I thought the iron grey would be a perfect addition to my riding wardrobe, and it has very much become a wardrobe staple. 
Those of you who are interested in the environmental practises of the shops and brands that you buy from, Rydale is one of the best. Over the last several years Rydale has invested in waste management and recycling, and "as of May 2012 we are proud to say we have <0.5% contribution to landfill by recycling virtually all company waste" AND to offset their carbon footprint they have also created large areas of woodland by planting over 10,000 trees. Is that not absolutely brilliant?! 👏🏻💚 This is definitely a company I want to support and carry on shopping with! ♻️
I was sent the gilet as a gift but all opinions are my own. Huge thank you to Rydale for teaming up with me and sending me this beautiful product 💓

2 comments:

  1. Oh this looks so warm - and stylish!!! Interesting about the hood. I too hate it when the hood bounces when I ride. Nice to know this one stays put, what a nice added feature to have padding in the hood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice! I love wearing it, it honestly is my "go to" choice when I'm off to do the horses and ride!

      Delete