3.10.19

Tech Stirrups Athena product review

It's been a long time since I've last done a product review blog post but it's also been a while since I've bought something that I've thought would be good to review like this! I know when I get ready to purchase something either from a new brand or something which is expensive, I enjoy doing a bit of research before parting with my hard earned money so I always have a bit of a google and always read any blog posts about that particular product 💻🔍 So if anyone wants any more information about the Athena stirrups from Tech Stirrups, here is my review!
Now, you might be wondering why a dressage rider/happy hacker would be going for a pair of jumping stirrups? Well because I think 1.) they look nicer than the Aphrodite dressage ones and 2.) the grips look better on the Athena than the dressage stirrups and I need all the grip I can get. Also, the Athena stirrups have been designed with a 4° sloped tread, which is the same as my Jin stirrups and as I was looking for the most similar ones to my Jin stirrups, it's why I've ended up with these ones. And in case you haven't noticed yet, yes THEY ARE PINK and yes I adore them! 💕 Of course if pink isn't your thing, the silver colour ones are equally lovely but for anyone who is like me and is looking for a cheaper alternative to the rose gold Jin Stirrups, these ones are stunning.
Tech Stirrups Athena are made from aluminium billet and then fastened with stainless steel screws. Like Jin stirrups, they are anodised to preserve their aesthetic quality. Other features include a weight of 340g (they weigh only 40g more than the Jins) and the tread dimensions are 125 x 65mm (4 3/4 inch) with a 4° sloped tread. The loop for the stirrup leathers to go through has been designed in a way as to keep the stirrup in a position where it's very quick to get your feet back in place in case of grip loss. Also, loop for the stirrup leathers is actually bigger that on the Jin stirrups, which means that if you've got t-bar stirrup leathers it is much easier to get the leathers through the loop on the Tech Stirrups that with my other ones. And they feel the same as my Jin Stirrups which I am very pleased about because that is exactly what I've been looking for a long time.
And riding in them? My gosh they are grippy!! I love them 😍 No amount of spooking made me lose the stirrups, despite Melisse constantly increasing the degree of difficult of her spooks whenever I've ridden her. Even in the pouring rain - the kind of rain that soaks you to your skin in under a minute - I never once felt insecure or at risk of losing them. But at the same time these aren't too sticky, at no point have I felt like my foot is glued down. And when you compare the price of these to Jin Stirrups, they are a third cheaper but it is possible to find them for half the price. I brought mine from Equiflar for £80 which I was very pleased about!
I can't think of a single negative feature and therefore for me, these definitely get ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

No comments:

Post a Comment