25.9.17

September Equestrian blog hop - Why do I blog?

One day during August as I was scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed, I saw that Heather from Bridle & Bone had posted a question about the idea of a blog hop to the Equestrian Bloggers Facebook group and yes, I was very excited to join in. I've long taken part in lots and lots of equestrian blog hops simply because it is a great way of finding new blogs to read and providing content that is different to my usual blog posts, which is why I'm am really pleased to be taking part in the first ever Equestrian Bloggers one! 🎉🎊
September's topic is "Why did you start blogging? How did it all begin?" 
Back in the beginning of January 2013, I was really struggling to find myself during my gap year. I'd spent the summer in Germany with Vallu at my brother's yard working as a groom and it had been an amazing experience, so coming back home was a bit of a tough time! Blogging was becoming a huge thing in Finland at that time and in the midst of my 'crisis' I took the plunge and decided to start an equestrian blog. I really had no idea what I was doing, so I looked at the equestrian blogs that were popular at the time and since most of them were on Blogger I decided to use that platform too. I was far too nervous to share my blog on Facebook so I kept it very quiet - I think my mother was the only person I told! 

At first I just focused on blogging about my dressage training and daily happenings with the horses as I didn't feel confident enough writing about anything else. But, I was really determined to create something that I could look back on and see the journey that I had been on with both horses, especially with Vallu as it was a new partnership and to be honest I was more than scared of him at the beginning! After a couple of months of blogging I started to also include my matchy/tack obsession so I would do blog posts based on entirely on new products and tack. Last year I started doing more blog posts about equestrian trends because this was something I really love. As many of my regular readers know, I’m totally obsessed with equestrian fashion which is why I started my 'Trends to watch out for' series. This year I've also started paying more attention to helping out others which is why I blogged about my riding exercise of the month as well as a few posts about positivity and ignoring the haters!

But, I have always remained faithful to what I originally started blogging about - my personal equestrian journey. And like many other equestrian bloggers nowadays I am proud to share my horsey life, including the ups and downs of owning and training two horses who provide me with plenty of stress and grey hairs!

Want to learn more about my fellow bloggers?  Join our Equestrian Blog Hop and read the links below.  

14 comments:

  1. So glad you joined the Equestrian Blog Hop! It's so interesting to go from blog to blog and read our difference reasons why we started our blogs. I love following along on your and Vallu's progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for creating this Heather, I know it has taken a lot of time so I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. Your blog is gorgeous and I love it. So glad you did take the plunge! I enjoy learning about equestrians from around the world. Especially really fashionable ones ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allie 😍 The other day one of my friends said that my horses have to the best dressed horses in Finland 😂

      Delete
  3. Love this post, and your blog is excellent! (also slightly un related, but I LOVE your shoes in the above photo!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love those shoes too!! (Primark!) And thanks so much, that means so much to me 💖

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you decided to be a part of the Blog Hop - everyone really seems to look up to you, and I'm excited to read more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all things equestrian. I have to live vicariously through other people's blog because I can't afford all the pretty things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all things equestrian. I have to live vicariously through other people's blog because I can't afford all the pretty things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that too! Especially any really expensive riding breeches or boots 😍

      Delete
  7. You've expanded into a lot of different topics. You don't sound nervous at all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who experiences the ups and downs of the equestrian life. For every "victory" it seems there is always a setback. I guess that's why we riders have perseverance beyond the average non-horsey person. Keep on bloggin'!

    ReplyDelete