2.9.17

Top 5 equestrian products I can't live without

Inspired by Haynet's #horsebloggers blogging tips that were shared throughout August on twitter, tip #21 was to write about the top 5 equestrian products I can't live without, so here goes:

1. Pikeur breeches - I'm the first one to always recommend Pikeur when someone asks for recommendations for breeches because they just last and last and last! My oldest pair were 7+ years old before they were done and I essentially live in my newest ones. I know they have a hefty price tag on them, but in my opinion they are worth it and a top product that I could not live without.
2. My Shires Highlander Lite Combo turnout rug - it gets used so much from early spring to the end of autumn, it's the one rug that I feel like I would struggle with rugging if I didn't have it. Also considering it's price, it has done really well with staying waterproof! Even after 2 winters I haven't had to reproof it yet.
3. My Eskadron overreach boots - the moment I ride or turn out Vallu without over reach boots he manages to pull a shoe off, so I've become a bit of an expert in good value for money over reach boots and at the top of that list are the Eskadron sheepskin overreach boots!

4. Absorbine's Horseman's One Step leather cleaner and conditioner - those who know me know how much I hate dirty tack and how anal I am about cleaning tack straight away after riding, so this product was a godsend when we first found it several years ago and it is still my top product for cleaning tack.  It's super convenient because it is all-in-one cleaning and conditioning and it has a massive effect on keeping my tack soft and pliable.
The spray is good too, but the cream is the best
5. Ice boots - these are the best way of cooling down our horses' legs. These have been in constant use when we've had any horse going through rehab as they drive cold deep, reducing swelling in the legs. I honestly don't see how a horse person can live without these, instead of having to waste water cold hosing for 20-30 minutes you can just put the ice boots on the horse and leave them chilling in their stable!

What about you? What are your top 5 equestrian products that you can't live without?

2 comments:

  1. I like ice boots as well. In fact I use them after every training session. I am a dressage rider and a lot of the work requires sitting on the hind end. My hrse is 12 and I want to relieve any overworked tendons or ligaments in the lower hind legs. so after each session I have the ice boots on for 10 minutes. The barn where I ride ( the coach is an Olympian) most of the riders doing serious training use ice boots. Thanks for an interesting post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good fly spray cannot be beat! We have such humid conditions in the northeastern US during summer and bugs are a huge problem, not to mention ticks. We pick them off the horses in droves during spring and many of the horses have Lyme disease.

    ReplyDelete